It looks like you've already set you're mind on the end result, but I'd like
to warn you about duplicating classes in several artifacts. Sooner or later
this will get you into trouble.
I suggest you move these classes to a separate module and declare a
dependency to it from your "server artifacts". i.e. keep the API separate
from the impl logic. If you also have some client specific classes you would
create a separate artifact for that, which would then have a dependency to
the API artifact.

This is just rough guidelines. As Ron says, give us more details and we can
give you more specific solutions.

/Anders