Hello,

I try to execute our unit tests with maven. The problem that I know get
is a compilation failure (Cannot find class), when maven tries to
compile the Unit Test souces in these sources we import a Class from
another sub projects normal src Directory.

So what I have is the following situation:

Subproject project_a:
I have Class name a1.java on the file System it looks like
a/src/a1.java

In Subproject project_b:
I have another Classes and the Unit Tests:
b/src/b1.java
and also
b/test/src.c1
In the class c1 I have a import to a1.java.
When the test sources being compiled I get the compilation failure in
Class c1 cannot filnd symbol a1.

The dependency in the pom file in project b is modeled like this:

<dependencies>
   <dependency>
      <groupId>com.xxx</groupId>
     <artifactId>a<artifactId>
   </ependency>

</dependencies>

So my question Is how do I have to model theses dependency in the pom.
file so that the class a1 can be found ??
Must model the dependency additionaly in another Scope ?

Thanks for your help.
I really try to solve this problem since a while and I'm quite new to
maven.

Regards
Richard Sailer