Hi,
In my project I added all the jars required for Spring MVC in the local
repository(C:\Documents and Settings\username\.m2\repository created by
maven.
And in the pom.xml of my project I added the dependencies information.I
created a web application and wanted to check if the jars added by me to the
local repository can be obtained or not.So, I gave the comman mvn package
but it gave an error that it is unable to fetch any dependency information.
Please suggest a way forward.

Error message :[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project mywebtest: Could
not resolve dependenc
ies for project com.maventest:mywebtest:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT: The following
artifact
s could not be resolved: org.spring:spring-test:jar:2.5.6,
org.spring:spring-web
mvc:jar:2.5.6, org.spring:spring-webmvc-struts:jar:2.5.5,
org.spring:spring-jdbc
:jar:2.5.6, org.spring:spring-jms:jar:2.5.6,
org.spring:spring-dao:jar:2.0.7, or
g.spring:spring-core:jar:2.5.6, org.spring:spring-context:jar:2.5.6,
org.spring:
spring-beans:jar:2.5.6, org.spring:spring-aop:jar:2.5.6: Could not find
artifact
 org.spring:spring-test:jar:2.5.6 in central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
->
[Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
swit
ch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyReso