I was hoping to just cut the release and not create the snapshot for a
couple of reasons.

I have version 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  I'm done developing so I want to create
version 1.0, Get that into our mvn repo and update our hg repo.  At this
point, I do know that I am done with version 10., but I don't know if my
next release will be version 2.0, 1.1, or 1.0.1.  I'd like to stop the
process after it updates the hg repo with the 1.0 version.

Once I know what version I will be working on, I'd like to create a branch
in hg and create a SNAPSHOT release in mvn.

Thanks
Neil