On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Neil Hart <neilah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was hoping to just cut the release and not create the snapshot for a
> couple of reasons.
>
> I have version 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  I'm done developing so I want to create
> version 1.0, Get that into our mvn repo and update our hg repo.  At this
> point, I do know that I am done with version 10., but I don't know if my
> next release will be version 2.0, 1.1, or 1.0.1.  I'd like to stop the
> process after it updates the hg repo with the 1.0 version.

Well.. you don't want to leave 'trunk' sitting there with a
non-snapshot version number.  Anyone who checks it out and builds it
(CI server perhaps?) will re-create that version in their local repo,
(and maybe even try to deploy it) which might not match the real
released version, causing all sorts of havoc.

If you're not sure what the next version is... set it to TBD-SNAPSHOT
or something.

--
Wendy