Hi Ron,

Yes I agree with Nexus, But the only concern in choosing Nexus is we have to
daily copy our latest JAR files from Existing location to New location for
Even 1 Project. As so many dependency on those Jar files and which are daily
updating. So we have to daily Update the new Nexus location too.

That is why we have to write some work around which can use existing network
location.

Thanks for your all explanation.

-Daivish.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Ron Wheeler <
rwhee...@artifact-software.com> wrote:

> [...]
> rest of the projects.
> You will understand how repositories are used by Maven and understand how
> Maven deals with dependencies and library searches.
> You will also understand what it means to have artifacts in your library
> that do not have POM files.
>
> If you still want to customize Maven, you can go ahead at that point with a
> lot better understanding of the need and will be able to explain the
> advantages, disadvantages, life-cycle costs and risks that this entails.
>
> Wayne is one of the smartest and most knowledgeable people in this forum
> and if you do decide to go ahead with a custom approach, you should read
> very carefully what he suggests and be sure to follow it.
>

> Ron
>

> On 25/07/2011 1:17 PM, Daivish Shah wrote:
>
>> Hi Wayne,
>>
>> You understood me correctly. And our company is looking to use MAVEN
>> standards in future so i think the idea to create custom repository
>> structure will not be good for us.
>>
>> We have to prove some projects with MAVEN first and make them easy going
>> with MAVEN. Then all projects will move with MAVEN standards.
>>
>> So to start with we have to create HTTP URL which follows existing
>> standard
>> of MAVEN. And no change in Network location of all Artifacts here.
>>
>> So based on your explanation, I have only one option to write a small
>> project which brings up this Maven Standard URL format and use that as
>> maven
>> repository for now.
>>
>> Thanks for all your explanation and sorry for all confusion that you had
>> understand my requirement.
>>
>> Correct me if still any other work around.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Daivish.
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Wayne Fay<wayne...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>  So i wanted to confirm that i only have ONE WAY TO write ONE WEB Project
>>>>
>>> old

>>> Clearly we are all having trouble understanding what you are asking,
>>> even though we are all speaking English.
>>>
>>> Let me tell you what I believe you are asking and then you confirm or
>>> deny:
>>> 1. I have an existing repo with a different structure to what Maven
>>> expects, and I want to use it to fulfill dependency requests while
>>> building artifacts with Maven. We cannot adjust the layout/structure
>>> of the old repo at this time.
>>>
>>> 2. I am planning to write some webapp that will work like mod_rewrite
>>> and turn requests from Maven that look like
>>> http://repo/m2/ErrorLogClient/**ErrorLogClient/1.0/**ErrorClient-1.0.jar<http://repo/m2/ErrorLogClient/ErrorLogClient/1.0/ErrorClient-1.0.jar>
>>> into requests that my existing repo will understand under a path like
>>> http://repo2/networkfolder/**ErrorLogging/1.0/Java/**ErrorLogClient.jar<http://repo2/networkfolder/ErrorLogging/1.0/Java/ErrorLogClient.jar>
>>>
>>> 3. I would like to be told the algorithm that Maven uses when looking
>>> for artifacts in my repo so that I can code up the rewrite webapp