On 11/08/2011 6:36 AM, Gaurav Arora wrote:
Hi,

I recently posted a question on stackoverflow (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6971772/maven-parallel-download-dependencies-in-same-group)
related to the topic but I only got a couple of answers and one of them
turned out to be not an answer at all.

My question is, can the dependency plug (or better yet the core maven
architecture) download my dependencies, which are quite large for a single
test run (200MB+) in parallel? I ask this only because it looks like it
could speed up the process of running our tests. Our nexus is located off
site and so the transfer takes place over the internet so it’s not ideal
that we do it over a single connection.

Add a local Nexus that mirrors your current Nexus. Don't deploy to it but just use it as a cache.
Maven will then run a LAN speeds.
Nexus is free.

Regards,

Gaurav