On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Should have mentioned I was talking about SNAPSHOTs; sorry.  Does that
> > change the picture?
>
> Nope.

Just to be clear, then:

You're saying that in a multimodule project, where my root
pom.xmlaggregates several submodules, and where one of those
submodules is a
pom.xml that serves as a parent to some other submodules--you're saying that
even when all these things are declared as version 1.0-SNAPSHOT, Maven will
use the repo copy of the parent, even though the very reactor plan it is
executing tells it that it should be building the most recent copy?

Or, using the same letters that I used in my prior message's example, if A,
B and C are all 1.0-SNAPSHOT, and the version of B deployed to the
repository is 75 days old, Maven will begin a full build from the root (A)
by first scanning the module paths to see what projects are there (A, B and
C), and because C references B as a parent, the 75-day-old copy of B will be
retrieved from the (local) repo rather than Maven realizing that B is in the
reactor plan as a module in its own right?

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson