HI, fist thanks for your interest

I have a properties file that i want to keep in my environnement.
This is because this way the war file is environnement independant.

I put the property file in the tomcat/lib folder.

But when i'm running my tests, i also need the property file, to
define things like db url ...

And i don't want to change the pom because if i do so, the war will be
no more environnement independant

I the hope that now it's more clear what i want to do.

2011/8/31 Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>:
>> Since i'm using some profile for each environment, i could add some
>> task to the profiles.
>
> You could probably hack something via profiles. But this is use of
> profiles should not be encouraged IMO.
>
> Instead you should create an artifact out of this folder's contents
> and add a proper dependency with the right scope to the pom. Is this
> like a license file or something that is required by one of your
> jars/classes?
>
> If you tell us more about what you are trying to achieve, then maybe
> someone can help you come up with the right solution, instead of
> inventing your own solution and then asking us to help you implement
> it via "can't change the pom" hacks.
>
> Wayne

Benjamin Dreux
Analyste-Programmeur
Chaire de logiciel libre-Finance Social et solidaire
UQAM
Montréal