Ah!

http://jira.codehaus.org/**browse/MSITE-600<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-600>
http://maven.apache.org/**plugins/maven-site-plugin/faq.**html#Use_of_url<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/faq.html#Use_of_url>
http://maven.apache.org/**plugins/maven-site-plugin/faq.**
html#Why_do_my_absolute_links_**get_translated_into_relative_**links<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/faq.html#Why_do_my_absolute_links_get_translated_into_relative_links>

All sound like potential causes of what I am seeing.  That will be the first
thing I check when I get back.

One more question possibly in relation to http://jira.codehaus.org/**
browse/MSITE-600 <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-600>.

In a few of the cases I tried, I'd end up with site:stage attempting to
place files in target/staging/../../mysite/morestuff (ie. in the base
directory of my aggregator) or even farther up the directory tree..

How would you feel about having site:stage verify all the staging files
actually went into the staging directory and erroring out otherwise?

Having maven place files in non-target directories makes me really nervous
(even if my configuration might be to blame).

Thanks for all the help!
Mike