On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 9:39 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a plugin which can be used to check that a project is using
> the standard Maven directory layout?
>
> For example, src/main/java rather than src/java; src/changes/changes.xml etc.
>
> AFAICT. the verifier plugin could be used for this, but:
> 1) the rules would have to be defined
> 2) the rules file would have to be copied to each project to be checked.
>
> I'm looking for a plugin that can just be invoked directly from the
> CLI in any project.
>
> Ideally the plugin would generate a report showing the non-standard files.

I'm not sure what you plan on doing with the information, are you able
to elaborate?

The standard directories layout
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html
lists what you are looking for.
It's just as quick to visually inspect them.

And the only way to know if they are using non-standard directories
would be if the pom defined those non-standard directories, otherwise
maven wont know about them.

I guess the tool could also help you migrate to the standard layout...