Hi Eric,

I've used Hypersonic in-memory with Hibernate, but instead of manually
importing the schema I've configured Hibernate to create tables itself and
everything worked fine.

The problem that you may have is that the junit tests are running in a new
virtual machine and the in-memory database is shutdown (removing tables)
after ant:sql.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain