Hi Eric,

Do you know the Hibernate property hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto? There's no need
for a static initializer.

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html_single/#configuration-op
tional

Automatically export schema DDL to the database when the SessionFactory is
created. With create-drop, the database schema will be dropped when the
SessionFactory is closed explicitely.
eg. update | create | create-drop

Regards

Carlos Sanchez