Well, I think I finally found the root issue of this and I was quite astonished by what I have discovered.

Anyway, the first thing I did was fixing 8 Warnings I had about using Sun proprietary code-->OK this was not nice from me, but it had worked for so many years that I was wondering if there was any point to these warnings. And ok, warnings are not good but they should not ruin everything either.
Once I did that, the root cause finally unrevealed itself:
[ERROR] Failure executing javac,  but could not parse the error:
[ERROR] An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.6.0_26). Please file a bug at the Java Developer Connection (http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport) after checking the Bug Parade for duplicates. Include your program and the following d
iagnostic in your report.  Thank you.
[ERROR] java.lang.NullPointerException
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.comp.Check.checkCompatibleConcretes(Check.java:12
15)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.comp.Check.checkCompatibleSupertypes(Check.java:1
567)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.comp.Attr.attribClassBody(Attr.java:2674)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.comp.Attr.attribClass(Attr.java:2628)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.comp.Attr.attribClass(Attr.java:2564)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.attribute(JavaCompiler.java:103
6)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile2(JavaCompiler.java:765)

[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile(JavaCompiler.java:730)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:353)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:279)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:270)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:69)
[ERROR] at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.main(Main.java:54)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

So, just by removing some warnings, the Java compiler finally decided itself to report to me that it was unable to compile some classes. After looking around, I found that this issue is 6 years old, many guys have had this NPE, and it should be fixed in JVM 7.

Hopefully, this may help some other people having this error, but I got to say that I never had such severe issues with Sun/Oracle JVM until now. Makes me wonder if I should keep on compiling with this JVM.

Cheers,
Guillaume