describe the problem better and point me to some sample code and i will
have a think.

but profiles containing (compile or runtime scope) deps activated based on
the jre that maven is running is wrong wrong wrong, and will only lead to
pain. (test and provided scope deps are still wrong in a profile but can be
excused as they are non-transitive)

- Stephen

---
screen