Folks,

I currently have a project where the unit tests take a considerable amount of time to
run (5 minutes or so), and as a result, running them every time I do a build is
proving impractical.  Initially, I just added the maven.test.skip flag to my
project.properties, but this isn't a good solution, mainly because if I explicitly
want to run the unit tests, I have to take the flag out again.

What I want is for the unit tests not to be run when i do a build, but I do want them
to run if I explicitly say so.  The interactions between the Java and Test plugins
don't seem to be flexible enough to allow this.

My current solution is to move the unit tests out to a seperate project, but that
seems like an arse-backwards way of going about it.  Can anyone suggest a better
approach?

cheers
kenny