They are the bastard son of satan.

which is why adding dependencies via profiles is an anti-pattern

people who do it give maven a bad name

Take them out and shoot them.

I may just have to thump psandoz on the shoulder really hard next time
I see him if old jersey poms did that kind of thing... I know he's not
at sun any more, which is why he won't get a shooting!