On 14 February 2012 17:00, Nord, James <jn...@nds.com> wrote:
> Some people (like Stephen) will say yes.

And what would I know about maven and jenkins ;-)

99 times out of 100, when I see a problem with Maven and Jenkins it is
trivially fixed by switching to a FreeStyle project type with a Maven
build step.

Now that is not to say that it is completely evil or without merrit...
just that it is the root of most of the issues.

> I say no - except if you use any plugin that behind the scenes changes the
> configuration of the mojos you run.
> I'm open for someone to convince me I'm wrong though.
>
> I haven't taken an in depth look but IIRC a Jenkins plugin can't subvert the
> maven build by changing mojo parameters on the fly anymore if you use Maven
> 3.x (in a Maven2 job).

does your build fail if the tests fail?

if the answer is no, and you haven't put
-Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true on the CLI then you are recalling
incorrectly :-P