On 15 February 2012 09:06, Nord, James <jn...@nds.com> wrote:
> Moving to Jenkins-dev (if anyone wants to follow there)
>
>> > I say no - except if you use any plugin that behind the scenes changes the
>> configuration of the mojos you run.
>> > I'm open for someone to convince me I'm wrong though.
>> >
>> > I haven't taken an in depth look but IIRC a Jenkins plugin can't subvert
>> > the
>> maven build by changing mojo parameters on the fly anymore if you use
>> Maven 3.x (in a Maven2 job).
>>
>> does your build fail if the tests fail?
>
> Depends on what type of build I'm running  (code review, commit or full).
>
>> if the answer is no, and you haven't put -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true on
>> the
>> CLI then you are recalling incorrectly :-P
>
> But - is this any different to someone hiding away MAVEN_OPTS somewhere in
> the global or slave configuration that a non admin user can't see?
> All be it this info should really be echoed in the build log (regardless of
> freestyle or maven2 job type) but that is a different discussion.
>
> The bit I was referring to was from MojoInfo.java:
>
>    /**
>     * Mojo object that carries out the actual execution.
>     *
>     * @deprecated as of 1.427
>     *      Maven3 can no longer provide this information, so plugins cannot
> rely on this value being present.
>     *      For the time being we are setting a dummy value to avoid NPE. Use
> {@link #configuration} to access
>     *      configuration values, but otherwise the ability to inject values
> is lost and there's no viable
>     *      alternative.
>     */
>    public final Mojo mojo;
>
> Are you saying that all the manipulation of the configuration can still be
> done on the fly per mojo per module - and it is not done up-front by a system
> property or some other mechanism)?

AFAIR

    /**
     * Configuration of the mojo for the current execution.
     * This reflects the default values, as well as values configured from POM,
     * including inherited values.
     */
    public final PlexusConfiguration configuration;

allows you to modify the configuration, the scope of changes is
reduced but not removed...

I'm sure Olivier will correct me if I am wrong though ;-)