On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I would also like to add the classpath and set a classpathprefix like you
> > can do using the normal maven jar.
> >    <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
> >    <classpathPrefix>lib/</classpathPrefix>
> >
> > Is there a way to do this with the shade plugin?
>
> Generally, the thinking with Shade is that you are building an
> "uber-jar" that is going to contain the contents all your dependency
> jars along with your own code, so there should be no need to specify a
> classpath since it is all in one single jar file.
>
> What is your requirement?

I am essentially creating a jar from a jar.  I was not intent on embedding
my dependencies, so maybe this is the wrong tool.

I was more interested as to the extent to which you can customize a jar
using the ManifestResourceTransformer.  My initial thought is that it could
inherit all of a jar artificat's dependencies and then affect that jar just
like you were using the jar plugin.  But my thought process maybe wrong
here.

Maybe what I want instead is to unpack a jar artifact and it's dependencies
and then recreate the jar from scratch.  Not sure how you unpack it's
dependencies though.

Wayne