Sound interesting but what are you trying to make in the end?

What is the 30,000 ft view of the problem?

Ron

On 08/03/2012 12:03 PM, Ryan Wexler wrote:
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Wayne Fay<wayne...@gmail.com>  wrote:

I would also like to add the classpath and set a classpathprefix like you
can do using the normal maven jar.
    <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
    <classpathPrefix>lib/</classpathPrefix>

Is there a way to do this with the shade plugin?
Generally, the thinking with Shade is that you are building an
"uber-jar" that is going to contain the contents all your dependency
jars along with your own code, so there should be no need to specify a
classpath since it is all in one single jar file.

What is your requirement?

I am essentially creating a jar from a jar.  I was not intent on embedding
my dependencies, so maybe this is the wrong tool.

I was more interested as to the extent to which you can customize a jar
using the ManifestResourceTransformer.  My initial thought is that it could
inherit all of a jar artificat's dependencies and then affect that jar just
like you were using the jar plugin.  But my thought process maybe wrong
here.

Maybe what I want instead is to unpack a jar artifact and it's dependencies
and then recreate the jar from scratch.  Not sure how you unpack it's
dependencies though.

Wayne

Ron Wheeler
President