Wow! Half a day sounds like a huge code base!

Anyways, yes you can do this in Maven 3 but maven takes the call on how the
modules get build. You can enforce a build order among modules using
dependencies (if A depends on B, maven will build B before A) but I'm not
aware of any other ways to enforce the order.

Another notable point is to check if your plugins are compatible with
parallel builds - either check their documentation or simply build with "-T
N" option and watch for warnings (N is the number of threads to build in
parallel).

Regards,
Srinath.