> To explain the situation further, I tried  building the code bases (in
> parallel) at the root but didn't work (due to various reasons). However, I
> figured out parts/modules can be built like this without any modification
> to the setup.

I've never used parallel builds with any real, substantial projects as yet.

I'd be curious to know more about the "various reasons" you ran into
problems since you haven't told us anything about them. Realistically
I would pick a problem, solve it, then move on to the next, repeat
until all problems are solved. ;-)

If you have a build graph issue, make sure your <dependencies> are
properly declared across the various pom files.

What specific settings were you using for your parallel build? Perhaps
you just need to tweak the parameters a bit.

Wayne