I have a large library resource that is used during my build that is
accessed from many of my modules.  I have put that resource in the top
level parent basedir /src/main/MySpecialResource.

I want all the modules in my project to have access to the location of this
resource.  So I created a property in that top level parent pom:

    <properties>

<myspecialresource.basedir>${basedir}\src\main\MySpecialResource</myspecialresource.basedir>
    </properties>

The problem I am having is that the ${basedir} property is refiltered every
time the ${myspecialresource.basedir} is referenced.  So every time one of
my modules references this property the basedir is refiltered with that
module's ${basedir} directory rather than containing the top level parent's
basedir.

Is there a way to set a property with a path that is only filtered once,
when it is declared?

thanks
-ryan