With the java plugin version 1.4 the property maven.compile.executable is
available.

I want to run maven with a jdk 1.4 but to compile my code with a specific
ibm 1.3.1 compiler therefore I added the two property

maven.compile.fork=true and the
maven.compile.executable= /my/javac

now the compiler it is correctly picked but I always get the following
error  because as you could see from the stacktrace below the -source
arguments does not exist for jdk 1.3.1
is there a way to control the args that I am passing as arguments of my
executable ? If I exclude the -source attribute in the plugin everything
works as designed.

Best Regards

Michele Forte

    [javac] [DEBUG] Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'C:
\Srdev\sdk\jdk1.3.1_07\bin\javac' with arguments:
'-d'
'\target\classes'
'-classpath'
'myclass.jar'
'-sourcepath'
'\src\java'
'-target'
'1.3'
'-g'
'-source'
'1.3'
'@D:\Data\files1821080307'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.

    [javac] javac: invalid flag: -source
    [javac] Usage: javac <options> <source files>
    [javac] where possible options include:
    [javac]   -g                        Generate all debugging info
    [javac]   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info
    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info
    [javac]   -O                        Optimize; may hinder debugging or
enlarge class file
    [javac]   -nowarn                   Generate no warnings
    [javac]   -verbose                  Output messages about what the
compiler is doing
    [javac]   -deprecation              Output source locations where
deprecated APIs are used
    [javac]   -classpath <path>         Specify where to find user class
files
    [javac]   -sourcepath <path>        Specify where to find input source
files
    [javac]   -bootclasspath <path>     Override location of bootstrap
class files
    [javac]   -extdirs <dirs>           Override location of installed
extensions
    [javac]   -d <directory>            Specify where to place generated
class files
    [javac]   -encoding <encoding>      Specify character encoding used by
source files
    [javac]   -target <release>         Generate class files for specific
VM version
    [javac]

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message and notify the sender