I saw at one place where versions of all the projects are defined in a pom
and made this pom parent pom to rest all the poms. Placeholders are used in
all the children poms. This provides flexibility to change the version of
only the changing components.

This is not recommended for a project having large number of modules.

What is the group's stake on this?