Hi Rolf,

> Unfortunately, there are already some 'third party' packages that depend
> on jdom 2.0.1, and thus, people using the new jdom2 2.0.2 will have two
> different versions of the same jar .... right? ... which is perhaps worse
> than not having it at all ... ;-)

Since your goal is to allow JDOM 1.x and JDOM 2.x in the same JVM from a
Maven project, publishing as org.jdom:jdom2:2.0.x seems like the way to go.
You can continue publishing org.jdom:jdom:2.0.x as well; the duplication
does not really cause any problems other than potential confusion. As long
as you document why org.jdom:jdom2 exists, it seems fine to me.

-Curtis