I think it's more of a Nexus question as it depends on what's in the
maven-metadata.xml file. Maven never scraps the folders but uses the
metadata.

What error do you get? Why not just remove the non-timestamped
Snapshots? Or, just wipe all the Snapshots and issue new build of them
giving you nice, timestamped, unique Snpashots.

/Anders