> I think it's more of a Nexus question as it depends on what's in the maven-
> metadata.xml file. Maven never scraps the folders but uses the metadata.
>
> What error do you get? Why not just remove the non-timestamped
> Snapshots? Or, just wipe all the Snapshots and issue new build of them giving
> you nice, timestamped, unique Snpashots.

The error said the it couldn't find the artifact in any repositories, and ends
with recommending that you download the artifacts from the website and install
it in your local repo.  However, the URL in the output line about trying to
download it would actually be valid, and even work if you copied it into a
browser for instance.  Anyhow, I think I have it fixed now.  I believe the
issue was a "corrupt" index.  Or perhaps out of date.  I re-indexed and
everything works.