Hi Lukas,

On 2 July 2012 13:18, Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org> wrote:
> Grégory Joseph wrote:
>> It kind of sounds like MSITE-600 to me, so I'm unsure if/how the issue
>> was fixed. Example:
>> * Corporate parent pom defines this site deployment url:
>> prot://foo/${artifactId}/${version} -- it works for this pom, and it's
>> a good enough default for most of our single-module projects. Not the
>> lack of trailing slash, btw.
>> * Some multi-module project defines this site deployment url:
>> prot://foo/xuq/lolcats/${version}. And the resulting deployment urls
>> end up looking like:
>> prot://foo/corp-parent/12//../../xuq/lolcats/${version} (and I still
>> don't know where the double slash comes from)
>
> Normalizing this is exactly the same as
> prot://foo/xuq/lolcats/${version},

It *should* be, but by using those URLs as-is, Maven relies on the
receiving end to do the normalization.
And I'm still wondering why it bothers doing that in the first place ;)

> so the deployment location should be
> correct. Did you try site:stage to check?

How is that helping ? I am not worried about inter-module links -
those indeed seem to work - but about why the parent's urls are taken
into account in the first place, and if there's a good reason for
that, then I wonder why normalization doesn't happen on the Maven
side.

Cheers,

-g