Grégory Joseph wrote:
> Just tried staging, and indeed, the paths in that case are correct* -
> but again, I'm assuming that's because the normalization is done and
> supported by my local FS ?

IIRC normalization is done by the wagon you are using for the deploy, so
it's outside the realm of the site plugin. I seem to remember that this
was also the reason for adding a dot component /./ in the deployment url
because some wagons only worked like that (I might be wrong though, it's
been a while...).

OTOH, I don't quite see what the problem is, a non-normalized url is
still a valid url and every server/file system should be able to deal
with it. Or do you have a specific actual issue that's caused by it?
There have been issues reported (MSITE-531, MSITE-601) but in each case
the underlying cause was outside maven/wagon/site-plugin.

> -g
>
> * with the strange bug that "https://nexus.domain.org/xyz"; was
> converted to targetstaging/http/s.domain.org/xyz ...

that looks weird indeed, if you have a test case I will look at it.

-Lukas