The solution is to use a junit assumption to skip the test, e.g.

Assume.assumeThat("Test fails on windows",
System.getProperty("file.seperator.char"), is("/"));

Added to the start of each test method will cause them to be skipped on windows
but run elsewhere...

Note I am on my phone and memory is imperfect so the syntax will need tweaking

Sent from my iPhone