Hello,

I have a problem with my dependency pattern and I am not sure that maven behaves correctly in this case.

Here is my case :
    - I am using Maven 2.2.1.
    - I have a project A which defines a dependency D with scope test.
- I have a project B whose parent is A and which defines D as a dependency in scope compile. - My project hierarchy defines a lot of projects whose parent is A and who have B as a dependency.

My problem is : all these "subprojects" have D as dependency in scope test (from A). I think that the correct behaviour would be to have D with scope compile (from their dependency on B) because scope compile 'contains' scope test. But Maven 2.2.1 does not work that way :-).

Is there any way to force my projects to use the D scope from project B instead of the one from its parent (project A) ?

Thanks in avance,

--
Signature
Graham CROSMARIE