On 24/09/2012 11:24 AM, Eric Czech wrote:
Thanks Ron but no unfortunately, they're not upwards compatible.
Entire classes are renamed or removed in later versions so artifacts
using the old version definitely can't just use the new one.

Having our own guava artifact with the code from 13.0.1 means that we
can use that version *internally* and external libraries can use
whatever version they are specified as needing.

Shading definitely seems like a better generic way to deal with this
but I'm still not totally sure how to do it.

Stephen, by intermediate modules do you mean create projects for each
guava version, add the guava version as a dependency, give it a unique
shading, and then point all dependent projects at those "intermediate"
projects instead of directly at the guava artifacts?
Sounds like a Facade design pattern?

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Ron Wheeler