Let's say I wanted to automate the process of promoting daily snapshots to
the nexus repository, and then configuring the project to always utilize the
latest version in the repo.

Is there a way to automate incrementing the version number and deploy to
nexus?

Specifically: I've used the nexus GUI before to manually upload an artifact,
but that's it. If I knew the locations of the artifacts built that I need to
get to the repo (and that's all I would have -- no POM file, etc), does
anyone have a script I could take a look at that would accomplish deploying
these to a nexus repo in such a way that projects will always download the
latest version?