Are you using any other snapshots? If this is your only snapshot dependency, or the only one you are not building), you could use the new -nsu flag (no snapshot updates) in Maven 3.0.4 so that snapshots, once downloaded, are not checked for updates.

A better alternative is to ask Martin to make a new geotoolkit release (it has been a year), or a milestone release if he is not ready. Milestones are a common pattern in GeoTools (from which Geotoolkit was forked) and are commonly made when needed for uDig releases.

Kind regards,
Ben.