i would roll back from the maven-site-plugin 3.0 betas to an older more stable
version such as 2.2
<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
     <version>2.2</version>
     <executions>
       <execution>
        <id/>
         <phase>validate</phase>
         <goals>
             <goal>jar</goal>
         </goals>
       </execution>
     </excecutions>
   </plugin
  </plugins>
</build>

do you see the same behavior when binding specifically validate phase to a
stable version?

forking:
perhaps the LifecycleExecutor calculateForkedExecutions(MojoExecution,
MavenSession) is inserting too many entries into the queue
can you force
mojoExecution.getForkedExecutions().isEmpty() to be true
 in
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.DefaultMavenReportExecutor  ?

Martin
long-winded disclaimer goes here