That is a fair point. And I concur, that until core ups its minimum JRE
requirement, compiler shouldn't move past that...

Raises the question should core up to 1.6... I don't see a pressing need
yet...

Lambdas are not until 1.8, and we don't do the crazy generics stuff that,
for example, forced Jenkins to require 1.6 to build. So without a pressing
need, I think core should stay on 1.5 for now