Are you saying that lines in the pdf/html output are wrapped differently than in the apt source? Pre-formatted text by definition preserves both spaces and line breaks so the text should be rendered exactly as in the apt source.

-Lukas

Peter Lord wrote:
Hi All,

I've been battling with trying to get preformatted text converted to pdf
with the maven pdf plug-in (
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/ ).

The problem is with long or wide text, the text overflows the paper. The
text is not wrapped by line or by page.  Text never flows to a second page.

The html output is really nice :-)

The apt source is :-

    +-----+
    large
    number
    of
    lines
    +-----+

I've tried creating pdf-config.xml file :-

    <xsl:stylesheet
             version="1.0"
             xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

             <xsl:attribute-set name="body.pre"
    use-attribute-sets="base.pre.style">
                     <xsl:attribute name="font-size">6pt</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute name="line-height">7pt</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute
    name="keep-together">auto</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute
    name="keep-with-next.within-page">auto</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute name="wrap-option">wrap</xsl:attribute>
             </xsl:attribute-set>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

but no joy.

Any suggestions to enable wrapping in pdf ?

Many thanks,

Pete