Even if I find this bug critical I think nobody had the time to study
it more deeply (me the first) and for now I'm always downgrading to
maven 2 and the dependency plugin 2.4 when I have to use either the
tree or the list goals (which is a mess).

Like you I provided some logs but I didn't succeeded to create an easy
test case to create an integration test case.

Aether is sadly a bug black box for many of us which explains why it's
not easy to fix.

---------
Arnaud