Thanks Ron.

I have however been researching this quite a bit but can't seem to find
whatever it is I need. What I meant was that I can create my directory
containing the dependencies in a single module project but not a
multi-module one. Before I could simply set up the assembly.xml in the
src/assembly folder of the project and call it in pom.xml. The Assembler
config in this case is different as moduleSets and parent/child projects are
involved. So I need to find a way to grab the dependencies from every child
project rather than just one single project.

Here is a link to the same question I posted on stack overflow, I think it
is worded and formatted a bit better there.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14935893/maven-using-the-assembly-plugin-to-package-dependencies-from-multiple-projects