Hi Stephen,

Stephen Connolly wrote:

> I think mailing lists are not the best way to explain why different
> solutions are to be preferred when ranking against what is best for the
> Maven ecosystem as a whole.
>
> So I wrote a blog post to explain my views on what are good ways and what
> are bad ways.
>
> http://developer-blog.cloudbees.com/2013/03/playing-trade-offs-with-
maven.html

> Hopefully people find this useful.

There's an additional option using a NAS/network share. Drawback: Everyone
must set a URL to the repo in his own settings.xml, but there's nothing
wrong to use file:/ in this case. No POMs got polluted and if you decide
later to install a real MRM, all that has to be adjusted are the local
settings.xml - but that applies to any case.

- Jörg