From: Eric Kolotyluk [mailto:eric.koloty...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 9:26 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Maven-release-plugin AND IBM RTC build engine...

Sorry, I cannot stop laughing because the statement is true, but so sad.

While most Windows APIs and UIs have been fixed to handle special
characters, such as spaces, sadly there are still places in Windows that
have not been fixed yet, and likely will never be fixed. Don't get me
started on path lengths ;-)

However, Linux and OS X should not get off scott free either, as they
both have problems with special characters too in some places, but maybe
not in this case.

I have successfully used RTC on Windows with Maven and not had any
problems with spaces yet, but I never got as far as trying to do a
release, so I did not want to comment on that special case. For all we
know this could be a problem with RTC, Maven, or any number of things. I
look forward to hearing what the solution is.

Cheers, Eric