>   I still DO NOT have the release plug-in working with RTC build engine.
> work as well, unfortunately I don't have access to RTC build engine...

And this is exactly the reason why the release plugin does not work
with RTC build engine.

If you don't have access to RTC build engine, yet you are a customer
of IBM's and use their tools etc, how can any random open source
developer be granted the necessary access to these tools (Jazz, RTC,
etc) so the release plugin can be adapted as needed to work along with
it?

This is why Maven plugins for proprietary tools will ALWAYS lag in
functionality behind open source tools. For all intents, it
practically requires the VENDOR to put in the effort to build/adapt
the plugin for their products. If you have the ability to do so, I'd
open a bug/ticket with IBM and ask them to support the Maven release
plugin, otherwise I doubt this functionality will ever be added by
anyone else.

Wayne