Hi,

Just a guess:
your project has to be aware of the mapping from packaging-type to file extension. So you have to add the packaging-plugin to your project, and add "<extensions>true</extensions>" See http://books.sonatype.com/mvnref-book/reference/writing-plugins-sect-plugins-lifecycle.html, final paragraph.

Robert