If you are not izpack user, then dont use izpack-maven-plugin

Here are steps you can do

  1. Use maven dependency to copy your 'zip' resource into your resource
directory so that your final jar can include it

  2. At mojo run time, you can copy the zip out of your plugin jar to a
temp place, then use truezip-utils to manipulate it

However, if you can figure out the location of your mojo's jar under user's
local repository, you can also truezip to extract what you need

-D