On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So anyway, I now have this ultra whizzbang high performance logging API and
> I am aware of some deficit in the logging performance of Maven, so I spin
> up a private fork (it could be a hidden private fork, or it could be a
> public one... doesn't matter) and integrate the logging API and low and
> behold I see a whopping X% improvement... so I want to bring that back to
> Maven...
>
> Is there anything wrong with the above?

 I say absolutely not. Where things can go wrong is what happens next.
If someone commits that giant chunk with no discussion, then that's
probably going to raise concerns. If instead a discussion is started
to discuss the work and decide if it's appropriate to pull in, then
fine.