Richard,

AFAIK attachArtifact just tells Maven to install an additional binary to
it's local cache resp. to deploy it to the distribution repository.

What you want, as far as I understand, is to create an artifact which will
be picked up later on and included in a war? You should probably create a
separate module project, which creates the jar and just include this jar as
runtime dependency in your war project.

Regards Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile