> Mirko thanks for your reply. I think the plugin API should have *some* simple
> mechanism for transferring a "generated" artifact from one plugin to the next.

One way people on this list implement this is by viewing their various
Maven modules as being a series of transformations which are applied
to successive artifacts.

lib, common, etc
depended on by war
depended on by obfuscator
depended on by shader
depended on by assembly
eventually produces an obfuscated, shaded war file in a tar.gz along
with the latest compatible version of Tomcat in an OS-specific package
ready for simple deployment.

An Ant-oriented person might put all this in a single Maven module and
force the various plugins to bind to different phases and customize or
hard-code the configuration to force this pipeline just to achieve all
of this in a single module build. A Maven-oriented person probably
would not.

Wayne