its a f*cker but I think it boils down to 'user error'!

+ and bad programming.

On 15/08/13 08:18, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
2013/8/14 SARTAJ HUNDAL <vektor.kni...@gmail.com>:
Given the future of computation and being in a technological singularity,
how do we divert a total disaster when the 'machines' have solid bodies?
Since Hume, we have had theories about "ghosts in the machine", and if we
look even at the beginnings of AI since MIT, it's clear that the software
often has a mind of its own and takes us on courses we never intended to go
on.

Finite-state automata, with no solution to the Halting problem, actually
have exhibited free will and agency. In that respect, how do we reclassify
our notions of human and animal rights when such a species actually has the
entire compendium of human history, knowledge and the universe? Think Data
from Star Trek.

Given the recent activity on our vote threads, I fear this has already happened.

Kristian